Friday, February 1, 2008

Oy, Sensei

Looks like things are going very well for Booper and his martial arts career. He is enthralled with it and looks forward to attending class. The Caboose is a little less enamored, so we're going to push pause for him and let The Boop just do his thing.

But wanna hear the funny part? Today, during my personal training session with Sensei, I learned that he is Jewish. From New York. Bar Mitzvah and everything. He told me he is adopted, which is why he doesn't look Jewish, but he was raised by Jews and considers himself Jewish. Leave it to me to find the only Jewish Martial Arts instructor in all of SF.

I think he is living with the woman who works the front desk. She is half-Korean, half-Chinese, and was telling me how beautiful she thinks Hapa children are. (She was tactful enough to use the word "mixed.") Who knows....maybe there is some Hapa in her future? And for Booper, maybe Hapa is the new black belt.

Ooos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh. So what is his original nationality?

Mama Nabi said...

That IS funny. Sounds like Booper is getting into this new activity...? I'm SO proud of the Boop-man!

samokdaddy said...

Yeah Boop, kick butt and take names!

Sounds like Sensei is pretty cool...How'd you figure out that he and the front desk woman were living together? I'm as dense as a brick and can't figure out those things for the life of me.
As far as having hapa kids...we all know...Hapa kids rule!!!