Thursday, July 26, 2007

Grasping at Straws

I don't know how some moms do it, but I can never find time to exercise. I work full-time, own my own business, and have the two spawn you have heard so much about. But recently I discovered something that is working surprisingly well. FitTV. Does anyone else watch it? I've TiVo'd a couple of shows, then I watch them with the boys in the living room. Mostly they are cardio shows from the All-Star Workouts series. Either hip-hop dance or kickboxing. They have music, colorful outfits, and vivacious teachers. Booper & The Caboose love to do it with me, and as long as they aren't lifting any weights, the doc said it's really safe. So they (pretty much) let me complete the class, then might toddle off to play with toys and return later. But I'm breaking a sweat. Has anyone else tried this? Know of any good shows that would fit the bill?

One caution: I try to avoid the shows with a lot of jumping. After two babies, I have a tendency to leak. Does anyone else share this secret shame?

Oh...and before I forget, today is HalfMama's birthday. Big shout out to Mo' Komo. I would wish her a night of drunken debauchery, but she had that already.

Jewish triathlon:
gin rummy, then shopping wholesale,
followed by a nap

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you. :) I have not tried the FitTV. I don't know how YOU do it. I have no energy to work out, ever.

If you ever feel like yoga, I used to TiVo some yoga show. I can't remember what it was called. The guy was kind of a wackadoo, but it was pretty good. Nothing heavy-duty, but I am so not flexible anyway.

honglien123 said...

I barely have time to do any exercise other than type for work and blogging. Thus, I am completely round and roly poly these days. Exercise videos I HAVE tried have tended to come from Netflix. Not a bad source actually. I haven't checked out FitTV, sounds interesting.

Unknown said...

I am hoping that chasing around TheKid while he screams and tears around like a maniac will help me lose the 15 lbs of post baby weight. Because nothing else has worked, me being the pillar of consistency.

Mama Nabi said...

Hm... wonder if that's what I stumbled upon the other day. LN and I were mesmerised for a few minutes, watching this bulked-up guy do an aerobics thing in Hawaii (drooling over the palm trees, not the guy...) and PN walked in on us. I turned to him and said, "People still do aerobics?" Yah... need to buy a clue, I guess.
HM - yoga? Now that, I'd tivo/dvr... they do say that yoga is the best long-term solution for toned bodies.

Green Tea and Henny said...

I share the same secret you have...I tend to leak...