Friday, May 16, 2008

Ennui


Wow, I am bored. And I realize I have not posted to this blog in too long, so excuse me while I brain barf a series of unrelated, and unimportant, thoughts.

* Booper has a sleepover planned for this weekend. No big deal, right? But this time he was invited to sleep over at a girl's house. A sweet, adorable girl that we love. And we love her parents. I asked Booper if he was okay with the idea and received an enthusiastic yes! So we are going to their house for Korean food, then Booper stays over and we go home. Does this seem weird to anyone else? Part of me thinks, "Hey...I didn't have boys sleep over when I was a kid." But another part of me thinks, "Hey...they are Korean. So that makes it okay!" Reminds me of the time that my father-in-law left my son with some random Korean people at the zoo while he went to the bathroom. I know he figured that, if they're Korean, they're okay.

* I think Angelina Jolie is gorgeous and has never looked better.

* I wonder why all the women on Survivor have shaved armpits and no bikini line. Even if they waxed right before it started, by day 30 they would have some strays. So what gives?

* One of the kids in Booper's preschool class hit me yesterday on the ass. Without really thinking, I wheeled around and said, "XXX, that is not okay! I do not play with boys who hit!" And then I walked away. He is the *problem* boy at school, and Booper often tells me that he "gets his choices made for him" because of his behavior issues. Poor little thing is just confused. He has two mommies and a daddy and none of them live together (or within 20 miles of each other) and he doesn't know which end is up. But hitting is just not okay. This boy goes to a different parent's house every night--unless one of them is out of town--and I can't imagine what this is like. Different clothes, different toys, different rules. I feel for ya, kid, but keep your mitts off the tush.

It is really hot here today. It's never hot here. This is one of the reasons I love San Francisco. Never too hot. Never too cold. Always just right, Goldilocks. As a result, we do not have air conditioning at home or at work. So here I sit, schvitzing.

3 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

I think we used to have co-ed sleep-overs (well, when my mom would visit her friends, the kids all slept in one room and some were boys and some were girls). I don't remember getting any strange ideas... :-)

Haha, the Survivor thing - I don't watch the show but that's a good point. I guess same could apply for Lost, huh?

Oh, goodness... that's what I'm trying to avoid if THING would cooperate... I knew these kids who were majorly f'ed up for a while because the parents had this brilliant idea that they'd all live equally at each parent's house - and they hated it. They often forgot one thing or the other at the other house, they kept on forgetting to which house they were supposed to return each afternoon... ugh.

Still, though - how cheeky. (no pun intended...)

I was at a checkout (Target, of course) the other day and noticed a tabloid talking about Angelina's pregancy - I thought it was an outdated copy... didn't even know she was pregnant again. Now, I'm off to google an photo of her.

mary said...

haha. i assumed that the female survivor contestants get regular wax jobs.. part of the perks of living in the wild. =)

Radiomom Rhetoric said...

co-ed sleepover--fine by me I think. They are young. ;-)

I also find Angelina beautiful....pregnant or not--there is something about her....

I have often thought that about he survivor contestants too. Where's the hair?

Don't you love it when you come upon those kids? My neighbor boy got in trouble for MOONING his teacher. He is 4. I wonder if his mother thinks about why the kid is not invited over to play?