Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A teeny tiny update



Because I can't leave well enough alone, I called the Educational Placement Center today for a little more information. I have a few clarifications to report: 1) The Round 2 letters are mailed on April 28th, so look for me to post results on the 29th or 30th. 2) As of COB today, there are 6 children in the waiting pool for Korean Immersion. That's actually not too bad. Last year there were 10. And of that 10, 2 families got spots. But they are not finished yet entering all the applications, so this number "changes daily." What they could not yet tell me is how many spots at the school are open. (Those who were offered seats had to accept them by March 21st, or they are offered to families in the waiting pool. Naturally, I'd like to know how many, if any, seats remain open.)

I will say one thing: The people who answer the phone at this place are always really friendly. You'd think, after months of dealing with neurotic parents, they would be kind of fed up. Maybe they are just drunk with power.

3 comments:

Mama Nabi said...

I like the 'drunk with power' option... bwahahahaha. Ooh, the odds are looking good... of course, I wonder if you could find out if any of the other 5 families can boast of a Korean parent within the unit.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

mary said...

hello! i found your blog through kimchi mamas and mama nabi. anyway, I didn't know s.f. had a korean immersion program! that's awesome! (not that i could send my son there anyway, i live in the east bay.. and it's a few years until he goes to elementary school) anyway, good luck and i hope your son can get into that program!

Sandra B. said...

Good luck!